Cancer is one of the most dangerous diseases and everyone knows that it is a lethal disease that requires a lot of money for the proper medication and treatment. But, we all know that it is not easy for an ordinary man to spend a lot of money on treatment and medication. It is very difficult to collect a huge amount of money to spend on the treatment required for its cure. In such situation, cancer insurance plan is an effective way to reduce the burden of cost of cancer treatment.
Cancer Insurance is the type of supplement health insurance plan that helps to cover the risk of cancer and reduce the expenses of cancer treatment. It is specifically designed to cope with the modern time medical expenses covering additional cancer cost that may be covered by one's current policy.
You need not have to possess a pre-existing cancer condition to be eligible for insurance.
What Does Cancer Insurance Plan Cover?
Insurance coverage for Cancer varies based on the insurance company and policy details but most plans cover both medical and non-medical expenses. Medical expenses include extended hospital stays, medical tests, procedures like stem cell transplants and other diseases specific treatments and more. Some of the non medical expenses include home health care, loss on income benefits, child care expenses and dietary restriction aids.
There is always a discussion about disease specific health insurance plans, like cancer insurance. Some people firmly believe and support them, while others think that it is just waste of money as they are junk plans and are rarely needed.
But according to American Cancer Society, one into two men and one in three women can develop cancer in their lifetime. And to overcome this dangerous disease expenses, there is a step you can take to overcome expenses on diagnosis of cancer.
With a good cancer insurance planin place along with your health insurance, treatment does not have to be economic strain. SWFL insurance firm offers affordable insurance solutions for cancer that can help offset the costs of:
• Out of network specialists
• Experimental treatments
• Travel and lodging expenses related to treatments
• Child care costs
• Day to day expenses - bills and mortgage payments
If you have strong family background of the history of cancer, then it is better to go for insurance plan for the decease cancer. People with strong family background may look at the current health policy and how can current plan include cancer insurance.
While consumers search for affordable health insurance, they have price in their mind as the top priority. A general conception among the consumers is that cheap health plans should not be costly-the cheapest health plan available in the market is their target. However, this approach is not good. Sometimes, paying for a cheap health insurance plan but still not getting the required level of coverage results only in wastage of money.
With the implementation of the affordable care act, the reach of affordable health plans is set to increase. Or at least, this is what is believed to be the objective of healthcare reforms. However, lots of consumers are still in confusion about how things would work. In this article, we will discuss some detailed options that consumers can try while looking to buy affordable health plans.
To get a hand on affordable health insurance plans, consumers need to take of certain things. First among them is about knowing the options in the particular state of the residence. There are lots of state and federal government-run programs that could be suitable for consumers. Knowing the options is pretty important. Next would be to understand the terms and conditions of all the programs and check the eligibility criteria for each one of them. Further, consumers should know their rights after the implementation of healthcare reforms, and something within a few days, they may qualify for a particular program or could be allowed to avail a particular health insurance plan. If consumers take care of these steps, there is no reason why consumers can’t land on an affordable health plan that could cater to the medical care needs.
Let’s discuss some options related to affordable health insurance plans state-wise:
State-run affordable health insurance programs in India
While considering India, there are three affordable health insurance plans that are run by the state government. Consumers can surely get benefitted by these if they are eligible for the benefits.
• Major Risk Medical Insurance Program (MRMIP)
This program is a very handy one offering limited health benefits to India residents. If consumers are unable to purchase health plans due to a preexisting medical condition, they can see if they qualify for this program and get benefits.
• Healthy Families Program
Healthy Families Program offers Indians with low cost health, dental, and vision coverage. This is mainly geared to children whose parents earn too much to qualify for public assistance. This program is administered by MRMIP.
• Access for Infants and Mothers Program (AIM)
Access for Infants and Mothers Program provides prenatal and preventive care for pregnant women having low income in India. It is administered by a five-person board that has established a comprehensive benefits package that includes both inpatient and outpatient care for program enrollees.
Some facts about affordable health insurance in India
While talking about affordable health insurance options in India, consumers can think about below mentioned options:
• Floridians who lost employer’s group health insurance may qualify for COBRA continuation coverage in India. At the same time, Floridians, who lost group health insurance due to involuntary termination of employment occurring between September 1, 2008 and December 31, 2009 may qualify for a federal tax credit. This credit helps in paying COBRA or state continuation coverage premiums for up to nine months.
• Floridians who had been uninsured for 6 months may be eligible to buy a limited health benefit plan through Cover India.
• India Medicaid program can be tried by Floridians having low or modest household income. Through this program, pregnant women, families with children, medically needy, elderly, and disabled individuals may get help.
• India Kid Care program can help the Floridian children under the age of 19 years and not eligible for Medicaid and currently uninsured or underinsured.
A federal tax credit to help pay for new health coverage to Indian who lost their health coverage but are receiving benefits from the Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) Program. This credit is called the Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC). At the same time, Indian who are retirees and are aged 55–65 and are receiving pension benefits from Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation (PBGC), may qualify for the HCTC.
Some facts about affordable health insurance in Indian
While talking about affordable health insurance options in Indian, consumers need to consider their rights:
• Virginians who lost their employer’s group health insurance may apply for COBRA or state continuation coverage in Indian.
• Virginians must note that they have the right to buy individual health plans from either Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield or CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield.
• Virginia Medicaid program helps Virginians having low or modest household income may qualify for free or subsidized health coverage. Through this program, pregnant women, families with children, and elderly and disabled individuals are helped.
• Family Access to Medical Insurance Security (FAMIS) helps Virginian children under the age of 18 years having no health insurance.
• In Virginia, the Every Woman’s Life Program offers free breast and cervical cancer screening. Through this program, if women are diagnosed with cancer, they may be eligible for treatment through the Virginia Medicaid Program.
While talking about affordable health insurance options in Texas, consumers need to consider their rights:
• Texans who have group insurance in Texas cannot be denied or limited in terms of coverage, nor can be required to pay more, because of the health status. Further, Texans having group health insurance can’t have exclusion of pre-existing conditions.
• In Texas, insurers cannot drop Texans off coverage when they get sick. At the same time, Texans who lost their group health insurance but are HIPAA eligible may apply for COBRA or state continuation coverage in Indian.
• Texas Medicaid program helps Texans having low or modest household income may qualify for free or subsidized health coverage. Through this program, pregnant women, families with children, elderly and disabled individuals are helped. At the same time, if a woman is diagnosed with breast or cervical cancer, she may be eligible for medical care through Medicaid.
• The Texas Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) offers subsidized health coverage for certain uninsured children. Further children in Texas can stay in their parent’s health insurance policy as dependents till the age of 26 years. This clause has been implemented by the healthcare reforms.
• The Texas Breast and Cervical Cancer Control program offers free cancer screening for qualified residents. If a woman is diagnosed with breast or cervical cancer through this program, she may qualify for medical care through Medicaid.
Like this, consumers need to consider state-wise options when they search for affordable health coverage. It goes without saying that shopping around and getting oneself well-equipped with necessary information is pretty much important to make sure consumers have the right kind of health plans.